I live to love.
RSS

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Punk Rock saves my soul...

I'm a big fan of all types of music, but punk rock has always hit a strong chord in my body that I can't run away from. Someone once asked me "you are a pretty calm person right?" and I responded "well ya I guess, but there's gotta be a reason why I'm so drawn to punk music....".

Ya, I've calmed down a lot since my high school days, but I still enjoy a good mosh pit of happy, dancing people and some good screaming at the top of my lungs.

I recently met Roberto Rose who is working on a documentary about Latin punk music called Punk Out Law. He's traveling to Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay next. Check out his project here http://punkoutlaw.com The site is dedicated to Punk music and it’s family the offspring and cousins (Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Punkabilly, Ska, etc., etc.).



Today, I'd like to share w/ you some Latin punk bands I like. In addition, for those of you who need their punk fix feel free to download my "Rock n' Punk en mi Boca" mix.


LOS EXPLOSIVOS: http://www.myspace.com/losexplosivos - Mexico


DAVILA 666 - Puerto Rico


LOS CARNICEROS DEL NORTE - Spain


LAS VULPESS - Spain


LAS ULTRASONICAS - Mexico

No comments: